· Scholarships will now be awarded based on merit alone, so, no financial statement is necessary.
· Five $1000 prizes will be awarded to the selected winners.
· Application interviews are not required, but a small portfolio must be submitted as part of the application package.
· Applicants in their final year of study are now eligible, so that prize money may be used for special projects (such as a trip abroad) or to offset expenses already incurred for study.
· Prizes will be awarded at a reception on the weekend of May 7th allowing the scholars to present their work to the Association. The specific time and location will be announced at a later time.
All instructions and application forms are available on our website: www.awa-la.org